Yum! This is one of my favorite dinners to make! It has such a great flavor and it is very easy to make.
Hot Italian Sausages
1 large Onion
1 can stewed tomatoes
1/2-3/4 cup red wine
Red pepper flakes (to taste)
Italian seasoning (to taste)
Garlic or Garlic powder (to taste)
1-2 tbsp. Olive oil
1. Heat oil in a good sized frying pan
2. Brown sausages very slowly. Do not sear the sausages! Cook them on low for about 30 minutes,
turning them occasionally to get an even brown
3. Remove sausages and set aside. Turn up heat to med high and add onions
4. Saute’ onions well, about 5 minutes. You should make sure to blacken them a little bit. This will give your meal a good flavor
5. Add fresh garlic or garlic powder to taste. Cook about 1-2 minutes
6. Add wine and scrape the blacken bits from the bottom of the pan
7. Let wine reduce by half. Add stewed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Saute’ for about 3-4 minutes
8.Add sausages back into pan, cover, and cook about 20 minutes
Tips: Make sure to brown sausages really slowly! This helps to keep them nice and moist.
Blackening the onions will really give this dish an amazing flavor
Be careful when deglazing the pan! Cooking with alcohol can be dangerous!
It is very important to cover at the end, this too will keep the dish nice and moist!
You can experiment with different wines, spices, and veggies in this dish to change up the flavor!