- Sharing my knowledge and skills with the world
- Teaching the foundations needed to sew like a professional
- Sharing how to draft patterns tailored to your body
- Using your existing wardrobe or accessories to make a custom patterns
- Helping you understand that it’s not your body, it’s them!
- I’ll share with you the skills I’ve learned through years of sewing
- The wealth of knowledge I learned while studying Apparel Production
- Tips and tricks I’ve picked up after years of working as a professional apparel designer
- If you dig what I’m doing…PLEASE SHARE!
- SHARE my site with someone else you know who might benefit from the collection of information I’ve created
- COMMENT on my blog posts and feel free to share your projects with me!
- PIN my images
- E-MAIL me with any questions you might have
- SIGN UP for FREE UPDATES!
As long as I can remember, I’ve had a healthy addiction to the arts; from fashion to photography to food, and everything in between. I love it all! After working as a Dental Professional for 10 years, I decided to pursue a more creative career in the arts. You can read more about why I left the practice here. In 2011 I completed my Bachelors of Fine Arts at Columbia College Chicago. My focus was apparel design and production. But, I also focused my studies on graphic, as well as jewelry design.
Isn’t that Sew, the blog was born in June of 2012. You can read about the origin of the blog and the name here. In August of 2013 I launched my very own line of jewelry, Isn’t that Sew Handmade. I worked with copper, brass, and upcycled genuine leather to create truly unique, geometric jewelry. I am not entirely sure that I will continue to sell my pieces, but…I would love to make you a custom piece if your interested! Just send me a note. In May of 2014 I decided to refocus my content and built the new Isn’t that Sew site, where you are visiting today!
I currently work full-time as a professional apparel designer. I specialize in athletic apparel and dye sublimation. I work for a small, family owned business based in New Zealand and I do everything from product development, pattern making, custom design, marketing, website development, to production. Thanks for visiting Isn’t that Sew, I hope you enjoy your stay!